ONLINE LEGAL AND COURT INTERPRETER
CERTIFICATE TRAINING PROGRAM
This 45-hour 7-week Online Legal and Court Interpreter Certificate Training Program was developed to enable participants to become interpreters working in the legal field and in court systems.
Our highly engaging online classes combined with live instructor led interactive webinars are easy to access from wherever you are.
We are accepting applications for our 45 hour 7-week Online Legal and Court Interpreter Training Session that starts on June 8, 2021 and ends on July 22, 2021.
Space in the training program is limited and is filling up very quickly.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
LEGAL AND COURT INTERPRETER TRAINING PROGRAM INFO:
The course introduces participants to legal and court interpreter roles and skills, interpreter ethics, and legal and court terminology in both English and the target language. Students will gain an understanding of the legal system and take a close look at the Standards and Procedures for Court Interpreters, the document which regulates professional court interpreting.
Language coaching and role-plays in the target language are offered by experienced interpreters who are native speakers of the target language.
TOTAL COST OF THE PROGRAM:
$850 ($50 non-refundable registration fee plus $800 course fee)
TRAINING LOCATION (subject to change):
The course is entirely online.
ONLINE LEGAL & COURT INTERPRETER TRAINING COURSE STRUCTURE:
- Interactive Webinars
Study Interpreter's Core Competencies with our engaging and easy-to-follow live instructor led interactive webinars
- Language Practice with a live instructor
Master your legal terminology and sharpen your interpreting skills in live practice sessions online with our native speaking language instructors.
- Online Resources
Access your course resources, materials, videos and assignments from anywhere through your student portal.
Please sign up for our Newsletter to receive
monthly updates about our upcoming courses.
The next Legal and Court Interpreter Certificate Training course is offered in:
- Chinese (Mandarin),
- Haitian Creole,
SCHEDULE (subject to change):
Online classes and Interactive Webinars:
Tuesdays (6.30 pm - 9.30 pm EST), and Thursday (6.30 pm - 9.30 pm EST).
PLEASE NOTE: All the times on our site are indicated in EST (Eastern Standard Time)
• Computer with a reliable internet connection.
• Computer Microphone and Speakers. A headset is strongly recommended to complete assignments.
• Download free version of Zoom
PREREQUISITES TO BECOMING A LEGAL & COURT INTERPRETER:
- • Fluency and proficiency in written and oral English;
- • Fluency and proficiency in at least one other language besides English;
- • High School diploma or equivalent;
- • Successful completion of language assessment Pre-test;
- • Ability to communicate effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS LEGAL AND COURT INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING?
- - Bilingual individuals seeking employment in the legal field or in court systems;
- - Bilingual individuals seeking their first professional interpreting certificate;
- - Interpreters and translators currently employed in the legal field or court systems;
- - Independent interpreters;
- - Interpreters with other interpreting credentials, such as those who have completed the Medical Interpreter Certificate Program or the Community Interpreter Certificate Program;
- - Paralegals, administrative assistants, front office staff, receptionists, social workers, etc. who are bilingual.
Request more info if you have any questions
about our Interpreter Training Programs.
HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR THE NEXT LEGAL AND COURT INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING COURSE?
Pre-register on our website to reserve a seat in the course and pay $50 registration fee online.
Since space in the training program is limited and is filling up quickly, we recommend early registration. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
After you register online and pay a $50 registration fee a language coach will contact you to schedule a 15-min Language Assessment Test with you on the phone. All the tests are usually scheduled 2 weeks before the course starts.
If you pass the test you will need to pay the course fee. You can pay online, send us a check or a money order our office address (below) or call the office to pay with a credit card on the phone.