VIDEO REMOTE INTERPRETING (VRI)
CERTIFICATE TRAINING PROGRAM
Online Video Remote Interpreting Training Program (VRI Program) is a 12-hour 3-week training course that was developed to enable participants to become competent video remote interpreters.
Our highly engaging live instructor led interactive online classes are easy to access from wherever you are.
We are accepting applications for our 12-hour 3-week Online Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) Training Session that starts on October 25, 2022 and ends on November 10, 2022.
Interpreters of all languages are welcome to join the course. The Video Remote Interpreting Training Course (VRI Course) is non-language-specific.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Space in the training program is limited and is filling up very quickly.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
VIDEO REMOTE INTERPRETING (VRI) TRAINING PROGRAM INFO:
The Video Remote Interpreting class meets twice a week for 3 weeks.
Students will learn the ins and outs of remote interpreting which includes both video and over the phone (VRI and OPI).
Students will learn how to set up their offices and computers to accept assignments from a number of companies who are actively searching for interpreters of all languages. The class will cover standards of practice, ethics, HIPAA and practice sessions using a wide variety of topics.
In our highly engaging classes, our instructor will provide advice on best practices, how to apply for assignments, and what to expect as compensation.
$395 ($50 non-refundable registration fee plus $345 course fee)
TRAINING LOCATION (subject to change):
The course is entirely online.
SCHEDULE (subject to change):
Online classes twice a week:
Tuesday (6.00 pm - 8.00 pm EST), and Thursday (6.00 pm - 8.00 pm EST).
PLEASE NOTE: All the times on our site are indicated in EST (Eastern Standard Time)
- Computer with a reliable internet connection.
- Computer Microphone and Speakers. A headset is strongly recommended to complete assignments.
- Download free version of Zoom
PREREQUISITES FOR VIDEO REMOTE INTERPRETING COURSE:
- Fluency and proficiency in written and oral English;
- Fluency and proficiency in at least one other language besides English;
- Ability to communicate effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS VIDEO REMOTE INTERPRETING COURSE?
- Bilingual individuals interested in becoming VRI interpreters;
- Bilingual individuals seeking employment as phone and video remote interpreters;
- Bilingual individuals seeking their video remote interpreting certificate;
- Interpreters and translators who want to develop their phone and video remote Interpreting skills;
- Independent interpreters;
- Interpreters with other interpreting credentials, such as those who have completed the Introduction to Interpreting Certificate Program, Medical Interpreter Certificate Program, Legal & Court Interpreter Certificate program, Immigration Interpreter Certificate Program or the Community Interpreter Certificate Program.
HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR THE NEXT VIDEO REMOTE INTERPRETING CERTIFICATE TRAINING COURSE?
Register on our website to reserve a seat in the course and pay $50 registration fee and $345 course fee online.
Since space in the training program is limited and is filling up quickly, we recommend early registration. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
If you have any questions regarding our Interpreter Training Programs please contact our Customer Service at:
Phone: (617) 277-1990
Interpreter Training Programs
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135