ONLINE MEDICAL INTERPRETER
CERTIFICATE TRAINING PROGRAM
Online Medical Interpreter Certificate Training Program is a 60-hour 7-week training course that was developed to enable participants to become competent medical interpreters.
Our highly engaging online classes combined with live instructor led interactive webinars are easy to access from wherever you are.
We are accepting applications for our 60 hour 7-week Online Medical Interpreter Training Session that starts on January 5, 2021 and ends on February 19, 2021.
Space in the training program is limited and is filling up quickly, so we recommend early registration. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
MEDICAL INTERPRETING PROGRAM INFO:
The course introduces participants to interpreter roles and skills, interpreter ethics, and medical terminology in both English and the target language.
Anatomy and Physiology is taught by an experienced instructor who is a clinician. Language coaching and role-plays in the target language are offered by experienced medical interpreters who are native speakers of the target language.
TOTAL COST OF THE PROGRAM:
$890 ($50 non-refundable registration fee plus $840 course fee)
Online classes and Interactive Webinars:
Wednesdays (6.30 pm - 9.30 pm EST) and Saturdays (10.00 am - 12.30 pm EDT & 1 pm - 3.30 pm EST).
PLEASE NOTE: All the times on our site are indicated in EST (Eastern Standard Time)
ONLINE MEDICAL INTERPRETER TRAINING COURSE STRUCTURE:
- Interactive Webinars
Study Interpreter's Core Competencies and Anatomy & Physiology with our engaging and easy-to-follow live instructor led interactive webinars
- Language Practice with a live instructor
Master your medical terminology and sharpen your interpreting skills in live practice sessions online with our native speaking language instructors.
- Online Resources
Access your course resources, materials, videos and assignments from anywhere through your student portal.
Please sign up for our Newsletter to receive
monthly updates about our upcoming courses.
- Chinese (Cantonese),
- Chinese (Mandarin),
- Haitian Creole,
WHO SHOULD ATTEND MEDICAL INTERPRETER TRAINING COURSE:
Bilingual individuals interested in becoming medical interpreters.
No medical or previous interpreting background required.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Register online and pay $50 non-refundable registration fee online to reserve a seat in the course
After you register online and pay a $50 registration fee a language coach will contact you by email or by phone to schedule a 15-min phone Language Assessment Test with you. All the tests are usually scheduled 2 weeks before the course starts.
If you pass the test you will need to pay the course fee. Pay online, send a check or a money order to our office address (below) or call the office to pay with a credit card on the phone.
Medical Interpreter Training Program
Language Connections LLC
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135
Anatomy and Physiology books that you will need for this course are listed on the Reading List page .
PLEASE NOTE: Your registration is not valid without the $50 registration fee.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST:
- Be bilingual in English and another language.
- Register online to reserve a seat in the course
- Pay your $50 Registration Fee
- Pass the Language Assessment Pre-Test
• Computer with a reliable internet connection.
• Computer microphone and speakers. A headset is strongly recommended to complete assignments.
• Download free version of Zoom
• Textbooks which you can buy online yourself. See our Reading List >>>
To be accepted into the program, applicants must pass an Oral Language Assessment Pre-Test and demonstrate fluency and literacy skills in English and the target language.
All the tests are usually scheduled 2 weeks before the course starts.
If accepted, participants are required to submit the course fee and signed Student Participation Agreement prior to the first class. You can pay with a check, credit card or cash.
PREREQUISITES TO BECOMING A MEDICAL INTERPRETER:
- • Fluency and proficiency in written and oral English;
- • Fluency and proficiency in at least one other language besides English;
- • High School diploma or equivalent;
- • Successful completion of language assessment Pre-test;
- • Ability to communicate effectively.
COURSE LOCATION (subject to change):
The course is entirely online.
Request more info if you have any questions
about our Interpreter Training Programs.
WHY CONSIDER BECOMING A MEDICAL INTERPRETER?
- You will experience the joy of making a difference in people's lives. By overcoming language barriers between doctor and patient you will enhance provider/patient communication that would lead to reduced misdiagnosis, improved health outcomes and increased provider/patient satisfaction.
- You will have a rewarding career with great earning potential (starting rates for medical interpreters are between $20 - $40/hour)
- You will enjoy a lot of interpersonal interaction with people of different cultural backgrounds
If you have any questions regarding our Interpreter Training Programs please contact our Customer Service at:
Phone: (617) 277-1990
Interpreter Training Programs
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135