BUSINESS INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING COURSE
This 45-hour 7-week Online Business Interpreter Certificate Training Program was developed to enable participants to become competent business interpreters working in various business settings, including the following fields: real estate, finance, accounting, marketing, business administration, real estate, international business, and government affairs.
BUSINESS INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING COURSE STRUCTURE
The course consists of 2 parts: Theory and Practice.
The course will have 2 classes a week for 6 weeks and the final oral and written tests during week 7.
Class 1 (2 hours/week): Fundamentals of Business interpreting, Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice (with the lead Instructor)
Class 2 (2 hours/week): Language (interpreting) practice in language groups (with language coaches)
Final Oral and Written Tests (week 7)
BUSINESS INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING COURSE CURRICULUM
PART 1: Fundamentals of Business interpreting, Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Business Interpreter Fundamentals
- The Responsibilities of Business Interpreters
- Important Skills of Business Interpreter
- Different Interpretation Modes (simultaneous, consecutive, and sight translation)
Quiz for Business Interpreter Fundamentals Section
- Business Interpreter Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Code of Ethics for Business Interpreters
- Standards of Practice for Business Interpreters
- Professional Competence
- Professional Accountability
- Integrity in Business Practice
- Integrity in Professional Relationships
Quiz for Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice Section
- Managing Your Interpretation Service
- How to market your interpretation services.
- How to build your network and get clients.
- Values you can provide for your clients.
- Handling client relations and job function.
- Beyond the business interpreter role.
PART 2: Language Practice
Students will practice interpreting role-plays and study the most commonly used business terminology in English and the target language in the following fields:
- Real Estate.
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Administration
- Sales and Marketing
- International Business.
- Government Affairs
The course is entirely online.
If you have any questions regarding our Interpreter Training Programs, please contact our Customer Service at:
Phone: (617) 277-1990
Interpreter Training Programs
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135