Spanish Medical Interpreter Needed for DotHouse Health, Part Time
Position: Spanish Medical Interpreter - 20hrs/week
Location: DotHouse - Dorchester, MA
Position Type: Part Time
Education Level: High School
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the Spanish Medical Interpreter interprets or translates from English into target languages and back to allow communication between patients and medical center staff. The Spanish Medical Interpreter will assist all patients in all aspects of registration, filling out questionnaires and the like. This service will be provided to pediatric, adolescent and adult patients as needed.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spanish Medical Interpreter provides interpretation for patients/family members and DHH staff in person or by telephone
- Assists patients with registration, filling out necessary forms such as, but not limited to, financial questionnaires, insurance forms, etc.
- Assists patients in scheduling appointments and calls patients by telephone to confirm appointment
- Explains procedures and asks questions for provider in a professional and cultural understandable manner.
- Translates documents, letters and other material to and from target language as assessed and authorized by management.
- Interacts daily with patients, external customers, and staff by demonstrating confidence, professionalism, responsiveness and exceptional customer service skills.
- Accurately screen, identify and place incoming and outgoing calls
- Utilize overhead paging system as needed.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures.
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and the specialized language to be worked in.
- Medical terminology experience preferred
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
Certification/Licensure: Medical Interpreter Certification required
Software/Hardware: Must be proficient and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
Company: DotHouse Health
Phone: (617) 288-3230
Location: 1353 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, MA 02122