Russian Interpreter, Limited-term Engagement
Dates: Monday, March 9th – Friday, March 13th*
*Interpreters are not expected to be available for the whole week – interested applicants should apply and specific dates and times will be arranged with the coordinator.
Position Overview: PIH (Partners In Health) is seeking freelance translators to provide Russian language support during our bi-annual leadership council retreat which will take place from March 9-13th. The retreat brings together leaders from all of PIH’s implementation sites to discuss global strategy, innovation and collaboration. There will be presentations, discussions, and small break out groups over the course of the retreat around a variety of topics related to global health and health care delivery.
- Responsible for interpreting meeting discussion from English into Russian and reciprocally from Russian into English on behalf of Russian-speakers who are attending the leadership council meeting.
- Document or note-take as directed by Russian speaking attendees
- Organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated maturity, flexibility, judgment and diplomacy, must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Fluency in both English and Russian.
- Familiarity with or previous experience in Kazakhstan a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in global health and social justice a plus.
Vocabulary: Medical, General
Company: Partners In Health
Phone: (857) 880-5100
Assignment Date: 2020-03-09
Location: 800 Boylston St Suite 300, Boston, MA 02199