ONLINE MEDICAL INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING COURSE
Our 60 hour Medical Interpreter Certificate Training Course uses the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation medical interpreting curriculum. Lectures are conducted by well-qualified and respected professionals in the field. All courses are handicap accessible and take place in Boston.
The Online Medical Interpreting Course Is Offered in the Following Languages:
- Spanish ,
- Haitian Creole,
- Mandarin Chinese,
- Cantonese Chinese,
Not every language is offered at a specific session.We require a minimum of 5 participants in a language group in order to offer the course in that language. If you'd like to get a Medical Interpreter Certificate in 2 or 3 languages, you need to take the course 2 or 3 times in different languages. Send us Info Request to learn more.
THE ONLINE MEDICAL INTERPRETING PROGRAM CONSISTS OF 3 PARTS:
- Medical Interpreter Core Competency (delivered in English; it covers basic concepts and strategies);
- Anatomy and Physiology (delivered in English)
- Language coaching (it includes language practice and role-plays in the target language)
At the end of the Online Medical Interpreter Training Course, participants will be able to:
- - Identify barriers to understanding that can occur between English-speaking clinical providers and LEP patients and approaches to overcoming those barriers.
- - Identify the specific roles of the interpreter and the appropriate use of each role
- - Demonstrate general knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and basic concepts of biomedicine.
- - Define key medical terminology related to body systems and medical specialties in English and target languages.
- - Demonstrate a general understanding of organizational policies, procedures and protocols related to expectations of medical interpreters.
- - Demonstrate an understanding of the Interpreter Code of Ethics, the Standards of Practice of the International Medical Interpreters Association and the various legislative guidelines for interpretation.
This program meets or exceeds the requirements of the Massachusetts Emergency Room Interpreter Law (ERIL) and adheres to federal mandates and guidelines on culturally and linguistically appropriate health care.The program incorporates competency skills in: medical terminology, culture, and delivery of health care; interpreting in the primary care/pediatric setting, and for mental health, domestic violence, and HIV/AIDS patients.
Evaluation of Initial Assessment Language Test and Final Test scores will determine the level of competency skills acquired by the participant and the over-all program success.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of the Medical Interpreter Training Program and payment, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is accepted by all hospitals in Massachusetts and sometimes in other states too.
A 15-hour practicum is recommended (but not required) at a healthcare facility under the supervision of a trained interpreter.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter to receive regular updates about upcoming courses.
If you have any questions about our program, terms and prices please contact:
Customer Service at (617) 277-1990.
Language Connections LLC
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135