ONLINE IMMIGRATION INTERPRETER
CERTIFICATE TRAINING PROGRAM
This 45-hour 7-week Online Immigration Interpreter Certificate Training Program was developed to enable participants to become competent interpreters for Immigration services.
While interpreting in immigration settings, very often the protocol and terminology is different from other types of legal and court interpreting.
This program will prepare you to interpret in the following immigration settings: immigration relief interview, attorney-client meeting, asylum interview, Immigration court, EOIR (Executive Office for Immigration Review) hearing, etc.
Our highly engaging online classes combined with live instructor led interactive webinars are easy to access from wherever you are.
We are accepting applications for our 45 hour 7-week Online Immigration Interpreter Training Session that starts on April 13, 2021 and ends on May 27, 2021.
Space in the training program is limited and is filling up very quickly.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
IMMIGRATION INTERPRETER TRAINING PROGRAM INFO:
The course introduces participants to immigration interpreter roles and skills, interpreter ethics, and immigration and legal terminology in both English and the target language.
Students will gain an understanding of the Immigration Basics, Asylum Law Basics, Immigration Court Proceedings and take a close look at the Standards and Procedures for Court Interpreters, the document which regulates professional court interpreting.
Immigration Interpreting core competencies is taught by an experienced instructor who is a subject matter expert. Language coaching and role-plays in the target language are offered by experienced immigration interpreters who are native speakers of the target language.
Language coaching and role-plays in the target language are offered by experienced interpreters who are native speakers of the target language.
ONLINE IMMIGRATION CERTIFICATE TRAINING PORGRAM COVERS:
- Immigration Interpreters’ Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Steps for the Best Possible Interpreted Session
- Immigration Interpreter Best Practices
- Organizational Structure of Immigration
- Interpreting for USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services)
- Interpreting for EOIR (Executive Office for Immigration Review)
- Immigration and Naturalization Terminology
- Language Practice (English / Target language)
- Immigration Interpreting Role-plays
- Immigration Interpreting Exercises
TOTAL COST OF THE PROGRAM:
$770 ($50 non-refundable registration fee plus $720 course fee)
TRAINING LOCATION (subject to change):
The course is entirely online.
ONLINE IMMIGRATION INTERPRETER TRAINING COURSE STRUCTURE:
- Interactive Webinars
- Study Interpreter's Core Competencies with our engaging and easy-to-follow live instructor led interactive webinars
- Language Practice with a live instructor
- Master your immigration terminology and sharpen your interpreting skills in live practice sessions online with our native speaking language instructors.
- Online Resources
- Access your course resources, materials, videos and assignments from anywhere through your student portal.
The next Immigration Interpreter Certificate Training course is offered in:
SCHEDULE (subject to change):
Online classes and Interactive Webinars:
Tuesdays (6.30 pm - 9.30 pm EST), and Thursdays (6.30 pm - 9.30 pm EST).
PLEASE NOTE: All the times on our site are indicated in EST (Eastern Standard Time)
• Computer with a reliable internet connection.
• Computer microphone and speakers. A headset is strongly recommended to complete assignments.
• Download free version of Zoom
PREREQUISITES TO BECOMING AN IMMIGRATION INTERPRETER:
• Fluency and proficiency in written and oral English;
• Fluency and proficiency in at least one other language besides English;
• High School diploma or equivalent;
• Successful completion of language assessment Pre-test;
• Ability to communicate effectively.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS IMMIGRATION INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING?
- Bilingual individuals interested in becoming interpreters for immigration matters;
- Bilingual immigration staff and volunteers who wish to improve their skills and increase their terminology;
- Paralegals, administrative assistants, front office staff, receptionists, social workers, etc. who are bilingual;
- Interpreters with other interpreting credentials, such as those who have completed the Medical Interpreter Certificate Program, Legal Interpreter Certificate Program or the Community Interpreter Certificate Program;
- Interpreters and translators currently employed in the legal field;
- Independent interpreters.
HOW CAN I REGISTER FOR THE NEXT IMMIGRATION INTERPRETER CERTIFICATE TRAINING COURSE?
Pre-register on our website to reserve a seat in the course and pay $50 registration fee online.
Since space in the training program is limited and is filling up quickly, we recommend early registration. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
After you register online and pay a $50 registration fee a language coach will contact you to schedule a 15-min Language Assessment Test with you on the phone. All the tests are usually scheduled 2 weeks before the course starts.
If you pass the test you will need to pay the course fee. You can pay online, send us a check or a money order our office address (below) or call the office to pay with a credit card on the phone.
If you have any questions regarding our Interpreter Training Programs please contact our Customer Service at:
Phone: (617) 277-1990
Interpreter Training Programs
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135