Interpreting Coordinator/ Project Manager
Immediate opening – full time
Language Connections Inc. is a Language Service Provider focused on delivering certified professional translation, localization and interpreting services to clients across the US and worldwide. Language Connections has enjoyed steady growth over the years and is continuing to expand its operations.
The interpretation department at Language Connections oversees the provision of spoken linguistic services to a large portfolio of clients in Massachusetts and across the United States. We regularly work in industries including Academia, the Life Sciences, Law, and Business, and contract interpreters at various experience levels for over 100 languages.
As an Interpreting Coordinator/Project Manager you will serve as a point of contact between clients and multilingual vendors. You are responsible for managing projects of varying complexity, which will include coordinating interpretation vendors as well as managing project workflows and processes.
The Interpreting Coordinator/Project Manager is also accountable for ensuring quality work from all interpretation vendors, accurate recording of project finances and data, and maintaining and recording necessary information regarding client relationships.
Main activities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing projects: this includes partaking in the process of planning out interpreting services for conferences/meetings/workshops etc., screening and hiring freelance interpreters and interpreting equipment vendors, negotiating rates and deadlines with clients and vendors, maintaining clear prompt communication between all parties, and invoicing.
- Adopting, creating and implementing systems and protocols to ensure flawless project implementation.
- Managing and updating information in interpreting vendors’ database on a regular basis.
- Maintaining accurate records of all financial and project/client relationship information using our Project Management System XTRF (including project scope, revenue, cost, payment status, records of correspondences, vendors' invoices, etc.).
- Ensuring clear prompt communication between all parties, with great attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- BA and/or BS degree is expected; a degree in Business, Marketing, Translation and/or Interpretation or equivalent experience could be advantageous.
- Experience as an interpreter, Interpreting Coordinator or Project Manager with another LSP
- Superb written and spoken English. Fluency in other languages is a major plus, but not required.
- Proficiency with computers and common software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml).
- Proven multi-tasking skills—the ability to prioritize in high paced environment while handling multiple projects simultaneously, dealing with time-sensitive materials and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate accurately detailed instructions to multilingual vendors.
- A detail-oriented, driven, outgoing personality is mandatory, as well as a strong sense of accountability.
What we offer:
- Thorough training and professional/personal growth opportunities;
- A flexible, highly autonomous, friendly and collaborative environment;
- Competitive compensation
Please send your resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language: Fluent English (oral and written)
Company: Language Connections
Contact Person: Leo Galperin
Assignment Date: May 4. 2021
Location: Boston, MA