ONLINE INTRODUCTION TO INTERPRETING
CERTIFICATE TRAINING PROGRAM
Introduction to Interpreting Certificate Training Program is a 20-hour 5-week interpreter preparation training course that was developed to help participants develop their interpreting skills, expand their vocabulary, improve sentence structure and prepare for professional Interpreting courses (Medical, Legal or Business & Community Interpreter Training Programs).
The course includes highly engaging interactive online Interpreter training classes, with live instructors online in a virtual classroom, that are easy to access from wherever you are.
We are accepting applications for our 20-hour 5-week Introduction to Interpreting Training Sessionthat starts on May 10, 2021 and ends on June 14, 2021.
Space in the training program is limited and is filling up quickly, so we recommend early registration. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
Who should attend Introduction to Interpreting Course:
- Bilingual individuals interested in developing their interpreting skills, expanding their vocabulary, improving their grammar and sentence structure in English and the Target language.
- Bilingual individuals who are interested in taking Medical, Legal or Business & Community Interpreter Training Programs, but would like to enhance their proficiency in English or their Target language and improve their interpreting skills first.
No previous interpreting experience is required.
Total Cost of the Program:
$400 ($50 non-refundable registration fee plus $350 course fee)
Mondays (6 pm – 8 pm EST) & Saturdays (10 am – 12 pm EST)
About Introduction to Interpreting Course
Introduction to Interpreting is a practical and theoretical introduction to interpreting in many different settings (general, business, medical, legal, education, etc.). The course introduces participants to interpreter roles and skills, important grammar structures and enhances their vocabulary in both English and the target language.
The course includes bilingual (English/Target language) practice activities (role plays, exercises, discussions), interactive webinars in English and online resources for self-study.
Introduction to Interpreting Course Structure
The Introduction to Interpreting Course is taught by live instructors online in a virtual classroom.
A virtual classroom is a digital replica of a traditional classroom. The instructors teach, and the participants learn in real-time, face-to-face but via internet-enabled devices. Questions, answers and discussions happen in real-time. Tests are given and taken pre and post the session also in real time.
1. Interactive Webinars - these are interactive lectures with live instructors online in real time (all language groups together), the lectures are in English
2. Language Practice with a live instructor - these are online interpreting classes with live language instructors in real time, split into language groups, conducted in the Target language and English
3. Online Resources - these are videos and reading materials that students can review on their own time
In this course student will use many different videos, audio presentations and reading materials in both languages (that cover important real-life topics), as a basis for their discussion in class including interpreter ethics professionals interpreting standards of practice and interpreting models.
Students will complete readings in advance, and them discuss them in online class forums. They will participate in many speaking and interpreting activities and assignments that will help them use their newly acquired vocabulary and grammar structures.
They will also learn how to develop practical interpreting skills in order to improve their accuracy, information retention and techniques for managing the flow of communication when interpreting.
This course is a great opportunity to improve your spoken communication skills in both languages, develop your interpreting skills and introduce you to a professional interpreter’s career path.
If you have any questions regarding our Interpreter Training Programs please contact our Customer Service at:
Phone: (617) 277-1990
Interpreter Training Programs
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135