IMMIGRATION INTERPRETER TRAINING FOR BILINGUAL EMPLOYEES ONLINE AND ON-SITE
Immigration interpreter training for bilingual employees is a 45-hour training course that was developed to enable bilingual individuals to become competent interpreters for Immigration services.
The Immigration interpreter training for bilingual employees introduces participants to interpreter roles and skills, interpreter ethics, and immigration terminology in both English and the target language.
Core Competencies is taught by an experienced instructor who is a subject matter expert. Language coaching and role-plays in the target language are offered by experienced immigration interpreters who are native speakers of the target language.
At the end of the “Immigration interpreter training” course, participants will be able to:
- Identify barriers to understanding that can occur between English-speaking staff and foreign clients and approaches to overcoming those barriers.
- Identify the specific roles of the interpreter and the appropriate use of each role.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of basic concepts of interpreting within the immigration field.
- Define key terminology related to immigration in English and target languages.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of organizational policies, procedures and protocols related to expectations of interpreters.
Training participants must meet the following pre-requisites in order to participate in the training program:
- Oral proficiency in English and the target language (to be determined during screening interview);
- Ability to read and write at advanced level in English and in the target language;
Our training program uses the unique immigration interpreting curriculum. Lectures are conducted by well-qualified and respected professionals in the field.
The “Immigration interpreter training for bilingual employees” curriculum includes:
- Interpreters’ Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice;
- Interpreter Best Practices
- Consecutive interpreting
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Interpreting memory exercises
- Note taking for Interpreters
- Tools for self-critique and analysis
- Interpreting for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- USCIS mission
- Lawful immigration to the United States
- Understanding of Citizenship
- Homeland Security Act
- Categories of Legal Entry into the US
- Status Inside the US
- Immigration and Naturalization Terminology (English / Target language)
- Language Practice (English / Target language)
Have a question or looking for a quote? Contact us today!
For more information please contact our Training Department:
Phone: (617) 731-3700
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135