Customized Community and Education Interpreter Training for Bilingual Employees Online and On-Site
The Customized Community and Education Interpreter Training is a training program geared for educational, social services or general community interpreting.
The Community and Education Interpreter Training course was developed for bilingual individuals who work for public schools, community services and government organizations.
The main purpose of this training is to train bilingual individuals (who are fluent in English and the target language) to become competent community and education interpreters, so they will be able to facilitate access for LEP individuals to educational, legal, and social services.
The type of Interpreter training program depends upon each particular group of interpreters it is presented to. The training curriculum is customized to meet the group’s specific needs.
The Customized Community and Education Interpreter Training program is focused on:
1) Building specialized community, education and public service vocabulary
2) Developing professional consecutive interpreting skills
3) Learning Interpreter Core Competencies (that includes interpreter’s ethics, standards of practice, concepts, and strategies.
The main responsibility of an education interpreter is to convert spoken words from one language into another to provide communication services for LEP (Limited English Proficiency) individuals in a school setting.
In this type of environment, educational interpreters translate lesson plans into another language for foreign students, integrate English language training into regular educational studies, provide clear communication between teachers and parents with limited English proficiency, interpret at IEP (Individual Education Plan) meetings at public schools.
Community Interpreting includes Interpreting for the Department of Children and Families, Immigration and Legal Interpreting, Interpreting for DUA recipients, Court hearings, DTA and DMA cases, Housing, Finance etc.
The Community and Education Interpreter Training course covers the following subjects:
- Role of Business and Community Interpreters
- Interpreter's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Interpreting for public schools
- Immigration Interpreting
- DTA and DMA Case Studies
- Interpreting for the Department of Children and Families
- Interpreting for DUA recipients
- Interpreting for Court Hearings
- Interpreting at community meetings
(housing issues, mortgage, finance)
- Developing Interpreting Skills (note taking, memory exercises)
- Language Practice (vocabulary-building exercises and role-play)
- Final Test
Have a question or looking for a quote? Contact us today!
For more information please contact our Training Department:
Phone: (617) 731-3700
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135