Russian Medical Interpreter is needed for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Russian Interpreter I
Russian preferred Language -- Medical Interpreter.
Job requirements as listed in Job Description:
Fluency in Russian and English required. Formal medical interpreter training and/or certification strongly preferred.
Interpreters abide by a set of Standards of Practice and are trained in medical terminology. BIDMC interpreters are committed to maintaining and improving their skills through various professional development opportunities within the medical interpreting profession and in the medical center itself. The art of medical interpretation requires an understanding of anatomy and physiology, linguistic competency, and interpersonal skills. The department collaborates with the BIDMC Ethics Support Service and many other clinics to address, in depth, the complexities that arise as part of the work. Interpreters respect patient confidentiality, are committed to providing the best in patient care in the all clinical environments including outpatient, inpatient, Emergency, and procedural areas, and work closely with the medical teams with the goal of maintaining patient safety.
Schedule and hours: TBD
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Satisfactory fluency in English and target language(s) at a level that ensures accurate and understandable interpretation. Satisfactory proficiency in medical terminology (i.e., basic anatomy, physiology and diagnostic procedures and treatments) at a level that ensures accurate interpretation.
- Interpreters are expected to wear, when appropriate/required, protective equipment including lead aprons, scrubs for the O.R. and other equipment mentioned under Social/Environmental Requirements.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Completed medical interpreter training program.
- National Medical Interpretation Certification.
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC)
Assignment Date: July 13, 2021
Location: 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215