Pinpoint Interpreter (Multiple Languages) for International Institute of New England (IINE)
Location: Manchester, NH
The mission of the International Institute of New England (IINE) is to create opportunities for refugees and immigrants to succeed through resettlement, education, career advancement and pathways to citizenship.
Reports to: Pinpoint Program Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, On-call
Interpreters working under the IINE-Pinpoint partnership provide interpretation and translation service to local organizations and businesses. When clients request interpretation or translation services, IINE-Pinpoint contacts interpreters in their database that speak the applicable language and connect them with the organization/business requiring services. All Interpreters under this partnership are IINE employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Local (southern NH) applicants only.
- Availability for in-person as well as remote interpretation appointments is required
- Deliver high quality, professional interpretation, and translation (when applicable), services to all organizations/businesses and their members/patients.
- Facilitate communication with clients who speak/understand limited English
- Communicate exactly what is spoken without including opinions or tangential thoughts
- Relay the style and tone of the original message/conversation, especially in situations when cultural or linguistic barriers might indicate alternative or additional meanings
- Explain words and phrases when their meaning is not immediately apparent or understood
- Translate orally or in writing all documents presented by staff and/or client.
- Complete paperwork related to appointments in a timely manner, including Pinpoint job summaries and ADP timecards
- Participate in training and professional development as needed/directed
- Provide interpreting / translating services to IINE employees and clients in the main following setting: meetings, interviews, telephone calls, etc. including one-to-one and group settings.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language
- Fluency reflects knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning, spelling, and sounding of words.
- Ability to listen, retain, and interpret in medical, legal and school settings amongst the most relevant fields.
- Previous experience working in medical, legal or school setting is a plus
- Previous translation/interpretation experience preferred, but not required
- Strong customer services skills or background
- Ability to concentrate for long-periods and in high stress situations
- Patience and sensitivity towards the needs of clients and their patients
- Experience working with multi-cultural, multi-lingual, new American and international populations preferred
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- High-levels of discretion and maturity in dealing with confidential information
- A command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other data management systems
- Excellent communication skills and responsiveness
Language: Multiple Languages
Vocabulary: Medical, legal or community
Company: International Institute of New England (IINE)
Phone: (603) 647-1500
Location: 470 Pine St, Manchester, NH 03104