Bilingual English - Arabic Patient Experience Representative International Ctr
International Health Services
Job Posting Description:
At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed International Health Services Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
Apply online here >>>
The Patient Experience Representative will be responsible for:
- Providing positive and effective customer service that supports the International Health Services Department.
- Greeting families upon arrival and assisting them with their various requests. This includes getting the required signage and other “new arrival” processing.
- Sharing patients’ itineraries with families and ensuring they understand the location of appointments.
- Supporting the Case Coordinators with the intake of international patients including registering patients in EPIC, emailing links to families to upload their records, creating medical record numbers and communicating with families prior to their arrival.
- Scheduling patient encounters and procedures to coordinate within and across providers, departments, and institutions.
- Collaborating and communicating with referring providers and practices to facilitate management of complex patient issues.
- Monitoring daily schedule and patient flow to optimize resource utilization and patient experience. Communicating with clinicians and/or supervisor and routing patients/visitors to maintain efficient patient/visitor flow.
- Collecting and organizing medical records, information, materials and supplies required for admissions or encounters. Preparing requisitions and other standard forms as requested by clinician or supervisor. Verifying, recording and processing patient demographics, insurance/payment and referral information for patient encounters. Collecting all necessary clinical documentation and information
- Answering, screening and routing telephone calls. Recording and forwarding messages and triaging calls for urgent information or services. Responding to requests for routine information or assistance within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Off hours voice messages; replying and triaging calls to the appropriate case coordinator or resource.
To qualify, you must have:
- A high school level of educational development and one to two years of previous experience such as customer service, administrative, or experience in a health care setting. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Bilingual - Arabic and English.
Company: Boston Children’s Hospital
Phone: (617) 355-6000
Assignment Date: 2019-04-29
Location: 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA