5 Memory Exercises for Online Interpreting Training

Online interpreting training prepares bilingual students for a fulfilling career- whether you purse medical, legal, immigration, community or video remote interpreting training. Knowing which field you want to work is an important first step before registering for class. Highly focused on different subject matter, each course during online interpreter school has its own vocabulary, procedures and syllabus that do not translate into other fields of focus. Medical interpreters have a completely different subject matter from other students who are studying immigration interpreting; which is completely different than those who are pursuing a career in legal interpreting. After successfully completing our 60-hour online medical interpreter course students are prepared to EXCEED exam requirements✅  for official medical interpreter certification. Issued by an accredited entity, official certification is recommended in order to become a distinguished and in-demand interpreter. Students who do not wish to pursue this route can still find employment opportunities- especially for those who seek training hospital employees as medical interpreters- but should expect to earn less than peers who do. Medical interpreting training is a path that can lead bilingual individuals towards a rewarding career, and students must be prepared to put in the work required. Each online interpreting training class operates through remote video conferencing technology ✅ that will help you get more out of your experience than with the self-guided courses our competition offers. Preparing for online interpreting training can be overwhelming for some and stressful for many. 
Read more

Online Interpreter School: Immigration Vs. Legal Interpreting Classes

Online interpreter school can involve a specialization in any subject- from legal, to medical, to immigration interpreting classes. It can even be as general as specializing in community interpreting, or not selecting a specialty at all. It really all depends on what environments you want to work in and the work you want to accomplish. Do you want to help Limited English Proficient (LEP) individuals seek justice? Or do you see yourself working in hospitals? The key here is playing to your strengths: if you are great at typing, you might be able to find a position in your home state as an interpreter who works as a court stenographer through an online 40-hour court interpreter course. If you are more interested in assisting LEP adults through their court proceedings, becoming a certified immigration interpreter would be better suited for the kind of work you want to accomplish. 
Read more

Training Hospital Employees In Medical Interpreting In 4 Steps

Training hospital employees in medical interpreting can be a wise, and lucrative decision for hospitals and their employees. While doctors, nurses and those working in specialized medical fields can absolutely benefit from medical interpreter training, non-medical hospital staff like administrative personnel are the best option for the task. By providing staffed associates with medical interpreter training, hospitals can utilize their services to translate documents✅ for Limited English Proficient (LEP) patients and provide services by interpreting during appointments✅ whenever necessary or requested. While bilingual associates can do this to an extent, 40-hour medical interpreter training online teaches -among other things- essential medical vocabulary, pathology, basic concepts of biomedicine and anatomy & physiology; while practicing core interpreting competency skills like sight translation, consecutive interpreting and simultaneous interpreting that they wouldn't have otherwise received. When employees receive interpreting training, hospitals save thousands of dollars✅ by foregoing translation agencies. While saving valuable time✅ because there is no longer a need to search for an agency- meaning those hours of manpower can be devoted elsewhere. Training hospital employees in medical interpreting means a higher salary✅, career growth✅ and transferrable skills✅ that they can carry throughout their careers.
Read more

Associate Interpreter Training For School Employees Is a Genius Move

Associate interpreter training involves providing your preexisting bilingual staff with interpreting training. Did you know that half of the world's population is bilingual? In fact, approximately 63 million United States residents or 20.5% of the overall population report being bilingual in English and another language- according to the census bureau. These findings are mirrored in that an estimated 22% of children or 12 million kids report speaking a language other than English at home. The implications of which reach beyond this article but with immigration trends continuing to increase, it is reasonable that those numbers continue to rise over time. Knowing all of this information is great, but what exactly is being done about it? How are schools rising to meet these challenges and how is associate interpreter training an asset to school districts?
Read more