Trilingual Spanish & Portuguese Medical Interpreter/Translator
Greater New Bedford Community Health Center
Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:30pm - Rotating Saturdays & Holidays required.
Covering Pedi-call when necessary.
Trilingual: Medical Interpreter Certification in Spanish or Portuguese Required (willing to obtain second medical interpreter certification within one year of employment).
- Assists Health Center staff in meeting the needs of non-English speaking patients by providing interpretation between health care providers and the patients.
- Provides for the translation of material published by the Health Center for use by the patient population.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Certified medical translator required.
- Two years experience in translating or four years college level language course(s) may be substituted for experience.
- Familiar with basic medical terminology. Tactful, pleasant and friendly approach in dealing with patients, staff, guests and individuals in the community.
- Sound judgment and the capability to respond to unusual circumstances.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Fluency and written competency in Portuguese and Spanish required to interpret/translate for patients and employees.
- Good verbal and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills appropriate for handling sensitive patient issues.
- Understanding of Health Center policies and procedures to ensure that patient and employee rights are protected and that effective communication takes place; normally acquired through up to one year of on-the-job training.
Language: Portuguese, Spanish
Company: Greater New Bedford Community Health Center
Phone: (508) 992-6553
Assignment Date: 2018-06-21
Location: 874 Purchase St, New Bedford, MA 02740