Cantonese and Mandarin Medical Interpreter needed for Tufts Medical Center
Job ID: 5177
Date posted: 4/15/2019
Department: Interpreter Services
Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Per diem & On Call
Location: Tufts Medical Center
Under general supervision, Cantonese and Mandarin Medical Interpreter interprets the spoken language (Cantonese and Mandarin) between two or more individuals from English to the target language (Cantonese and Mandarin) and back into English again to insure accurate cross language communication in a medical environment. May be required to translate written documents from English into the target language or from the target language into English.
- Full command, written and spoken, of English and target language.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- High degree of courtesy and tact required in regular contacts with patients and their families involving patient related information of a sensitive and or/confidential nature.
- Knowledge and ability generally obtained through the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree program.
- Must be a Certified Medical Interpreter.
Language: Cantonese, Mandarin
Company: Tufts Medical Center
Location: 800 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111