Arabic Medical Interpreter needed
Posting ID: 45835BR
Department: Patient Services-Interpreter Services
This position will be responsible for:
- Interpreting for patients and families with limited or no English language proficiency in their interactions with care providers and other hospital personnel.
- Applying critical thinking, communication skills, and having a global grasp of the situation, coupled with linguistic skills acquired through a process of integrating formal and experiential knowledge.
- Preparing written translations of patient instructions, such as discharge instructions, treatment plans, complex and/or sensitive medical and personal information, including diagnostic and surgical procedures, medical histories and medical, social and psychological assessments.
- Assisting patients in scheduling appointments. Translating other hospital literature for patients as schedule permits.
- Maintaining computerized records of daily activities, including diary of daily patient transactions and payroll timekeeping.
Company:Boston Children's Hospital
Location:300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115
Job Description:To qualify, you must have: • High School or GED diploma. An Associates, other two year degree or higher level of education is preferred. • Communication skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, or well developed writing skills. • Written and verbal fluency in both English and language of specific population(s) served. • Fully functional and competent, and performing at a high level of reliability in all duties. • 60 hour Medical Interpreter Training Course required • Certification, (unless unavailable for the language) or pursuing certification within 6 months of promotion/hire. • Certification as a Medical Interpreter from the IMIA (International Medical Interpreter Association) through the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters or CCHI (Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters is a plus.