Spanish Medical Interpreter needed in Roxbury, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Medical Interpreter: 1 year (Required)
Language: Spanish (Preferred)
The Dimock Center, a non-profit community-based organization that provides comprehensive services to Boston’s urban neighborhoods, is hiring a Medical Interpreter.
The Medical Interpreter serves as a medical translator for patients and staff and supports the operations of the busy Adult Medicine Clinic.
This position requires a High School Diploma or G.E.D., A.S. Degree; preferred B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent preferred and a minimum of two years of experience as a medical interpreter in an ambulatory environment.
Certificate from medical interpreter training - minimum of 40 hours
Medical Interpreting Certificate is required. Familiarity with medical home model, chronic care management, outpatient substance abuse/mental health is a plus. Spanish speaking preferred.
- Relaying medical information between speakers of two different languages in compliance with all office and clinic policies and procedures, particularly relating to patient confidentiality and informed consent.
- Helps facilitate successful delivery of services to linguistically diverse consumers.
- Serves as a cultural and linguistic resource to both patients and providers to contribute to successful outcomes.
- Performs duties in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Adheres to the health center policies on customer relations and hospitality.
- Understands the clinics’ system of service delivery.
- Translation from educational pamphlets from Spanish to English and vice versa to help educate the patients.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: The Dimock Center
Contact Person: HR Department
Phone: (617) 442-8800
Assignment Date: 2018-10-11
Location: 55 Dimock St, Boston, MA 02119
Job Description: Why Dimock? • Tuition Reimbursement • Comprehensive benefits package • Partnership with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center • Opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse patient population and staff • Dimock is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). https://dimock.org