Haitian Creole Interpreter needed for Boston Medical Center - 40hrs Days SEIU
REQUIREMENTS for Haitian Creole Medical Interpreter:
- Minimum of 2 years of college (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience).
- A certificate of completion of a Medical Interpreting program offered at a college level or any 60-hour medical interpreting program.
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a medical interpreter in a healthcare setting, where interpreting was a primary function of the job for candidates with a certificate of completion of a Medical Interpreting program offered at a college level
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a medical interpreter in a healthcare setting where interpreting was the primary function of the job for candidates with a 60 hour Medical Interpreting training.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (another language a plus), both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of medical vocabulary.
- Thorough knowledge of the IMIA Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
- High level of customer service and a positive approach.
- Experience working with patients or clients with diversity of cultural/socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide oral medical interpretation for clinical and non-clinical encounters both face to face and remotely in compliance with the IMIA Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics and BMC policies to ensure patient safety and access to quality care.
- Provide written translations as required in patient encounters such as assisting filling out forms, medical instructions, medication schedules and instructions. Provide administrative written translations such as letters to patients, documents, and patient materials. Track and document encounters for reporting purposes.
Language: Haitian Creole
Company: Boston Medical Center
Contact Person: Apply online
Phone: 1 (617) 638-6800
Assignment Date: 2018-10-26
Location: One Boston Medical Center Pl, Boston, MA 02118
Job Description: Under the direction of the supervisor, provide oral Haitian Creole / English medical interpretation for clinical and non-clinical encounters both face to face and remotely