Off Site Cape Verdean Creole Medical Interpreter needed for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
We are looking for a Cape Verdean Creole Medical Interpreter with other languages highly preferred.
This is a full time 40 hours per week position that include at least 1-2 evenings per week to 7:00pm and rotating Saturdays 9:00am to 1:00pm and some holidays required.
Job Location: Dorchester, MA
Req ID: 23930BR
Job Summary: Providing interpreting and translation services for non-English speaking patients and employees at Bowdoin Street Health Center in fulfillment of the health center's commitment to serve its employees and the community at large.
- Enables Health Center Staff to better meet the needs of non-English speaking in-patients, out-patients and employees; e.g., interpretation between health care providers and patients, including translating consent forms and other written materials for procedures and other related information; interprets during procedures performed.
- Relays patient-provider communications that require interpretation or translation by phone, voice-mail, page, computer-mail, and letter. Ensures timely turnaround of patient-provider communications. Remains alert to problematic situations (e.g. breakdowns in communication, lack of information) and suggests appropriate solutions before problems arise whenever possible.
- Explains cultural differences, practices and beliefs to healthcare providers and patient when appropriate. Keeps accurate statistical data and submits them to the operations manager.
- Maintains and improves expertise through appropriate continuing education. Participates in training and informational sessions as they become available and as required by manager.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience in medical terminology, at a level that ensures accurate interpretation and translation.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience highly preferred
Language: Cape Verdean Creole
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Phone: (617) 667-7000
Assignment Date: 2018-05-26
Location: 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215