Business and Community Interpreter Training Course Description
The Business and Community Interpreter Training Course includes intensive instruction in subjects such as business, Immigration and Legal Interpreting, DTA and DMA Case Studies, Interpreting for the Department of Children and Families, Interpreting for public schools, Interpreting for DUA recipients, Court hearings, housing, finance etc.
What does Business and Community Interpreter Training include?
The Business and Community Interpreter Training Course will be taught by an experienced Lead Trainer who taught the same type of program at Boston University for many years.
The program includes: case studies, role-plays and cultural comparisons.
Language coaching and role-plays in the target language are offered by professional interpreters who are native speakers of the target language.
The Business and Community Interpreter Training course covers the following subjects:
- Role of Business and Community Interpreters
- Interpreter's Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Immigration Interpreting
- DTA and DMA Case Studies
- Interpreting for the Department of Children and Families
- Interpreting for DUA recipients
- Interpreting for Court Hearings
- Interpreting for public schools
- Interpreting at business meetings, presentations and negotiations
(housing issues, mortgage, finance)
- Developing Interpreting Skills (note taking, memory exercises)
- Language Practice (vocabulary-building exercises and role-play)
- Final Test
Entrance Criteria for Business and Community Interpreter Training Course:
- Participants must meet all of the following pre-requisites in order to participate in the program:
- High school diploma or equivalency;
- Oral proficiency in English and the target language (to be determined during screening interview);
- Ability to read and write at advanced level in target language;
- Successful completion of phone language assessment test;
To be accepted into the program, applicants must pass an Oral Language Assessment Pre-Test and demonstrate fluency and literacy skills in English and the target language.
If you have any questions about our program, terms and prices please contact:
Customer Service at (617) 277-1990.
Language Connections LLC
2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
Boston, MA 02135